Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Deep thoughts to ponder...

If you ever thought you couldn't liken the scriptures to yourself, please consider the following:

Job 5:6

"Can that which is unsavoury be eaten without salt? or is there any taste in the white of an egg?"

If that isn't applicable to my daily life, I don't know what is. I mean, have you ever eaten just an egg white? Especially without salt?

Which brings me to the next question. Did Job have high blood pressure so he had to restrict his sodium intake? or high cholesterol, that he had to limit the egg yolks?

I'm thinking that food played a more serious role in Job's life than I first thought. He was going through some mighty harsh times and yet his wits were about him enough to know that some of us really relate to things better when they are phrased in terms of food.

Or bathrooms.

Consider the age-old question--Does a bear [potty] in the woods? (G-rating added)

My answer is--Not if there's a flush toilet around.

Anything else would be just too hard to bear--or bare.

At any rate, it's the reason I prefer camping at an ocean-front, five-star resort in Cancun.

No bears, an abundance of salt, and hold the eggs entirely.

Did I mention cabana boys bearing diet Coke?

3 comments:

mCat said...

LAH LAH LOVE it! Laughing and will refer back to it often today.

I too prefer cabana boys bringing diet coke on the beach. I'm jilliuous of you in two weeks......

Tristi Pinkston said...

As someone who has been asked to lower her sodium and her cholesterol, I can tell you from the voice of experience that there is no taste in the white of an egg.

Trevor, Brianna, Alivia, Tayvree, and Avynlee Hansen said...

i think the white of an egg actually does have a taste......hmmmm can't really describe it to you.......uh welll....